Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Healthy recipe



This weeks topic on Bloggers for health is your favorite healthy recipe.  Whenever I think of a good wholesome healthy meal, I think of one with low carbs but great taste and what better meal to have than baked salmon?!! I LOVE IT!!


Prep Time:  5 Minutes
Baking Time: 40-45 minutes
Ingredients: 
  • Skinless salmon filet
  • 2-4 Tbsp. of fresh herbs (Thyme or dill)
  • Half lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp. Salt
  • 1/2 tsp. Pepper
  • 1 Tbsp. olive oil
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 200 F
  2. Chop up herbs and add to salt and pepper
  3. Season filet with herb and salt and pepper mixture. In an aluminum foil pouch add olive oil
  4. Lay seasoned salmon on top of olive oil in aluminum pouch 
  5. Place salmon in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until skin is flaky
  6. Add lemon juice and serve over vegetables if desired
  7. ONLY 230 calories..... ENJOY!!! 
Today was church day...... 

It's been awhile since I have made it to church and boy am I glad I made it today :-), thought I would finally break out the flowered skirt I scored for the low low at banana republic awhile back. I paired the skirt with my fav pussy bow blouse from gap and of course the black blazer from express.... I am going to wear it out I swear.  I have a grey/silver one but got red lipstick on it someone please tell me it can come out *crosses fingers*






Blazer- express
blouse- gap
skirt- Banana Republic
shoes- Candies 





2 comments:

  1. Salmon is one of my favorite dishes. Definitely will have to try the recipe you suggested, because it sounds delicious.

    Also have to point out that I love the outfit! It's such a classic and clean-cut look. I love how versatile a pencil skirt and white blouse can be. You look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Callie!! I appreciate you taking the time to check out my blog!!

    ReplyDelete