Sunday, March 4, 2012

Life

This past week in the Carolinas have been KUH-RAZY!!!! It rained 5 out of the 7 days this week.... sucks!!! When it rains it seriously puts a damper on my mood. I am the type that LOVES sunshine.  Not to mention the natural disasters all over the country, its just really frightening and puts things in perspective.  I wish I could go to these disaster zones and help these people put their lives back together.  If anyone knows of any foundations set up please leave a comment.

I barely had a chance to take pictures of my outfits last week because of my schedule AND the weather so I thought I would share with you guys one of my favorite meals.  If I could eat Japanese every day of the week I would, while in college I seriously got hooked on Hibachi, I was eating it at least twice a week.  Nowadays I cant afford to fork over money like that so I learned to make my favorite hibachi meal at home, hibachi chicken. YUMMY!!


Ingredients:
4 Chicken breasts cubed
1 Zucchini
1 small-medium sized sweet onion
2 cups of white or brown rice
1 microwaveable lo mein dinner (optional, asian aisle)
2 tbsp Teriyaki sauce
1 tbsp Soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame seeds
white sauce (bought from local japanese restaurant)
enough olive oil to coat sautee' pan

Directions:
I cut all my ingredients up first to prepare them for cooking.  The onion and zucchini I slice into strips and the chicken breast are cubed as well.  In one pan I coat the bottom with enough olive oil then add the chicken. After the chicken cooks for about 5 minutes I start the veggies (they dont take long at all) and rice.  In another pan I coat the bottom with more olive oil then start to cook the onion. Once the onion cooks for about 2-3 minutes I add the zucchini.  As the chicken and onions are near done I add to both pans the teriyaki, soy sauce and sesame seeds.  If you want to add lo mein noodles to your dish now is the time to put it in the microwave.  Then just toss everything together, add your white sauce and their is your japanese dinner. I am trying to tell you this dinner is BOMB!!!! 



p.s. I am so still not happy with the layout of my blog, I have been thinking of converting and moving everything over to wordpress. I will keep you guys up to date of this if it happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment