Wednesday, January 4, 2012

How do you become a support system?

Not much weighs heavily on me except for those around me hurting.  First thing this morning one of my associates was fired from her job.  My heart immediately went out to her because of obvious reasons.  We aren't friends friends but we've hung out enough for me to care about her, if there is anything I can do for her to help her through this trying time I've let her know Im here.  Later in the day I found out one of my close friends' mother passed away.  I was deeply saddened and hurting for her.  We were extremely close in high school, thus her mom becoming my 'mom' as well.  We both went to college and kind of lost touch but got back in touch in the last few months like we were never apart.  I had the pleasure of actually seeing her mom and family and spending time with them right before Christmas.  So it hurts me just as much because I just reconnected with her mother.  I am fortunate to still have both my parents with me but how do you be there for someone else when you don't really know what to do?  My best friend lost her mother when were teens, I didn't know how to be there for her, my other best friend just lost her mom right before thanksgiving and I didn't know how to be there for her either. Of course I have offered my condolences and let her know that I am here, I just wish there were more I could do for her.  Losing a parent is something I cant imagine going through and I pray for the strength of my friends going through this trying time.


No comments:

Post a Comment